WordPress is an open-source Content Management System (CMS), which allows users to create dynamic websites and blogs. WordPress is that the hottest blogging system online and allows updating, customizing and managing the web site from its back-end CMS and components.
What is Content Management System (CMS)?
The Content Management System (CMS) may be software that stores all the info like text, photos, music, documents, etc. and is formed available on your website. It helps in editing, publishing and modifying the content of the web site.
WordPress was initially released on 27th May 2003 by Matt Mullenweg and Mike Little. WordPress was announced as an open-source in October 2009.
Features Of WordPress
- User Management − It allows managing the user information like changing the role of the users to (subscriber, contributor, author, editor or administrator), create or delete the user, change the password and user information. the most role of the user manager is Authentication.
- Media Management − it’s the best tool for managing the media files and folder, during which you’ll easily upload, organize and manage the media files on your website.
- Theme System − It allows modifying the location view and functionality. It includes images, style-sheet, template files, and custom pages.
- Extend with Plugins − Several plugins are available which provides custom functions and features consistent with the user’s need.
- Search Engine Optimization − It provides several program optimization (SEO) tools that make on-site SEO simple.
- Multilingual − It allows translating the whole content into the language preferred by the user.
- Importers − It allows importing data within the sort of posts. It imports custom files, comments, post pages, and tags.
Advantages Of WordPress
- It is an open-source platform and available free of charge.
- The CSS files are modified consistently with the planning as per the user’s need it.
- There are many plugins and templates available for free of charge. Users can customize the varied plugins as per their needs.
- It is a very easy way to edit the content because it uses WYSIWYG editor (What You See Is What You Get maybe an interface that permits the user to directly manipulate the layout of a document without having a layout command).
- WordPress Media files are upload easily and quickly.
- It offers several SEO tools that make on-site SEO simple.
- Customization is straightforward consistent with the user’s needs.
- It allows creating different roles for users for a website like admin, author, editor, and contributor.
Disadvantages Of WordPress
- Using several plugins can make the web site heavy to load and run.
- PHP knowledge is must be required to form modifications or changes within the WordPress website.
- Sometimes software must be updated to stay WordPress up-to-date with the present browsers and mobile devices. If you upgrading the latest WordPress version results intake some of the knowledge, so a backup copy of the web whole site is requiring an update.
- Modifying and formatting the graphic images and tables is difficult.
Check More information on this video