In this chapter, we’ll study General Settings in WordPress. WordPress’s general setting is employed to line the essential configuration settings for your site. In the setting administration screen, it’s a default setting screen.
Following are the steps to access the general settings −
Step 1 − Click on the Settings → General option in WordPress.
Step 2 − The General Setting page is displayed as shown in the following snapshot.
The following are the details of the fields on the general settings page.
- Site Title − It displays the name of the site in the template header.
- Tagline − Displays a short sentence about your site.
- WordPress Address (URL) − It is the URL of WordPress directory where your all core application files are present.
- Site Address(URL) − Enter the site URL which you want your site to display on the browser.
- E-mail Address − Enter your e-mail address which helps to recover your password or any update.
- Membership − Anyone can register an account on your site after you check this checkbox.
- New User Default Role − The default role is set for the newly registered user or members.
- Timezone − Sets the time zone based on a particular city.
- Date Format − Sets the date format as you need to display on the site.
- Time Format − Sets the time format as you need to display on the site.
- Week Starts On − Select the weekday which you prefer to start for WordPress calendar. By default, it is set as Monday.
- Site Language − Sets the language for the WordPress dashboard.
Step3 − After filling all the information about general settings, click on the Save Changes button. It saves all your general setting information.
Please check out this video so you will learn more about WordPress General Setting