What is e-mail? How to open an email (Gmail / Yahoomail / Businessmail / Freemail) ID? Although many people know about this, we will discuss in detail the issues mentioned in today’s post for those who do not know much about the internet and information technology.
What is email?
E-mail or electronic mail is a digital message that is sent primarily through a computer network. It is called e-mail or electronic mail as it is easy to send e-mails from one place to another in a few moments just like people send letters, job letters and other useful information by post or courier service.
Thousands of years ago, people living in Africa, America, and Asia began communicating with distant people by signaling smoke or playing drums. In the Middle Ages, people used various means of communication such as birds, horses, etc. The first electronic mail was sent to the then ARPANET in 1982 (RFC 561). In order to get e-mail easily in the e-mail system, both the early sender and the recipient had to be online.
Today’s e-mails do not have this kind of problem. E-mail servers receive mail first, save it, and send it later. The user or recipient does not need to be online at the same time on the computer just by sending another e-mail from one e-mail account.
Types of Email:
Emails are basically of two types. Firstly free email and secondly paid. Currently, various companies provide free and paid e-mail services for exchanging emails. You can easily access them by opening an account on their site. Below are the names of some of the most widely used free e-mail service providers.
Google’s Gmail service is one of the most widely used free e-mail services today. Gmail is offering users 15 GB of space for free, which is growing exponentially. Gmail’s interface looks like webmail, which can be sorted in different ways as needed.
Yahoo Mail is one of the most popular web-based e-mail services in the world. Launched in 1997, the service is the world’s second-largest web-based e-mail service provider.
In 1993, America Online (AOL) and Delphi launched this email service. You can use e-mail services by opening accounts like Gmail and Yahoo Mail.
Outlook is a free webmail service from Microsoft. It is one of the oldest mail services launched by Sabir Bhatia and Jack Smith in 1998 at Hotmail in Mountain View, California. Microsoft acquired it in 1998 for about কোটি 400 million, and Hotmail was replaced by Outlook.com in 2013.
It is a Russian based webmail service. Yandex is the 5th largest search engine in the world. By opening a Yandex Mail account you can exchange free storage e-mail up to 10 GB.
In addition to the above e-mail services, many other companies offer free e-mail services. If you do a Google search, you will find countless lists. You can use an e-mail service to open an account.
How to open an email account?
It is very easy to open an email ID or account. You can open an email account by completing a few steps. Today we will see how to open a Gmail account. You can open a Gmail account in the same way when you need to.
The first step in opening a Gmail account
Visit Gmail.com first. Then a page like the one shown below will appear. Click on the “Create an account” button from that page.
After clicking on the “Create an account” button, another page like the one below will appear. Where you have to give various information about. Such as the first part of your name and the second part of the name; Click on the Next button with username and password.
After clicking the “Next” button, you will be asked to provide a phone number to verify your email account. Enter your used number in place of that phone number. Then a six-digit verification code will be sent to that number. Once you enter that code, the email account will be verified.
After verifying the account, click on the “I agree” button in their terms and policy will create a Gmail account in your name. You will then be able to use your email account to exchange information.
Advantages of using e-mail:
- Information can be easily exchanged from one place to any place in the world through e-mail.
- E-mail can be done at any time from home.
- Emails can be sent to different people from one e-mail account.
- Correspondence can be exchanged very quickly via e-mail as soon as it is delayed by post and courier service.
- There is no fear of losing information or arriving late.
- Currently, e-mail is required to verify the user to open an account for any purpose.
Disadvantages of using e-mail:
- Many times email accounts are hacked and information can be stolen. In that case, various types of harassment, including loss of privacy, may have to be admitted.
- Every day for business, many customers have to send offers based emails to many customers or for lead generation and sales promotion. In that case, if you use a free email service, most of the emails go to the spam box. Then if you take paid hosting or email hosting service of different hosting companies, you can avoid this problem.
- It is not possible to exchange e-mail from one place to another without an internet connection, mobile, laptop, computer, and digital device.